We are currently hiring for the following position!
Optometric assistant/optician – experienced or willing to learn
Come join our small, independent optometry practice in beautiful Vernon! We provide caring, relationship-based eye care for the whole family. Our designer boutique optical offers unique product lines across all price points.
This is a new part-time position leading to a permanent full-time for the right candidate. Our small team is led by the experienced practice owner-optometrist. We cross-train and multi-task duties in reception, patient care, optical sales and lab. Everyone on the team works daytime, early evening and Saturday hours.
Experience is a strong asset, but not required. Are you interested in vision, health, science, personal style, fashion and design? This optometric assistant position offers a rewarding career in a helping profession that involves both technical and fashion consultation.
We are looking for someone who is:
- consistently cheerful and friendly;
- well-spoken and poised;
- dedicated to getting to know new and returning families;
- sensitive and reassuring to those who are anxious during their visit;
- able to earn patients’ confidence during testing, eyewear selection and sales;
- passionate about fulfilling our patients’ needs and expectations;
Is this your work style?
- alert and helpful;
- responsible and reliable;
- positive, calm and self-aware;
- cooperative and diplomatic;
- precise and conscientious;
- able to organize, multi-task and set priorities in a busy environment;
- willing to learn constantly and adapt to change;
Relevant experience may include:
- optometry, optical or healthcare;
- customer service in retail, sales or service industry;
- reception and office administration;
Minimum technical skills required:
- Microsoft Office Windows
- Proficient keyboarding
- Exceptional telephone skills
Please send us your resume and a cover page that includes why you think you would do well in this position. Apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org